Saturday, December 19, 2015

2016 The long anticipated end to an era... beginning a new chapter

So it is nearing Christmas of 2015. My life is rapidly changing and I'm not totally against it. My significant other and I are calling it quits. It's been a long time coming, but it is still hard emotionally, mentally, and financially. We have two children together, a son, A who is 6 and a daughter, L, who is 5. We are working together to make the transition as smooth as possible. I doubt that will happen, but I can try.

So 2016 is the start of a new chapter for myself, my kids, and our pets. I'm scared out of my mushy mind! How am I going to provide for my family? How do I get myself back into the job market after being off for about five years? If I fail, then what do I do? How do I handle my children's feelings of loss and abandonment when I can barely handle my own? How do I get rid of this sense of impending doom? It's all so overwhelming. My anxiety is through the roof, yet I'm strangely calm. 

So I figured I would start writing about it. Maybe I can help someone and others may have some advice and support for me. We all need help sometimes and I want to be able to help as many people as I can in this world. So join me on this journey into a new chapter of my life and feel free to leave comments!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday especially if you're going through difficult life changes! 

Happy Holidays,

Megan

This is my awesome puppy named Dan! He's 8 months old and helping me get through all of this change!






6 comments:

  1. I'm so incredibly proud of you. This is a new beginning for you and your babies. Use it to your advantage. Do something that you've always wanted to do but have been afraid of. It will be completely freeing. You are a brave woman. You can do this. I have faith in you. <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Kim VanHoozier from fb. I don't know if you can tell it's me or not. Lol

      Delete
    2. This is Kim VanHoozier from fb. I don't know if you can tell it's me or not. Lol

      Delete
    3. Thank you Kim! I really hope I can take a leap of faith and live the life I've dreamed!

      Delete
  2. Megan, you are a stronger woman then you will ever give yourself credit for! You will conquer any obstacle that stands in your way! I hope the best for you and if you need any help please let me know.. I too was in your position at one point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joey. I just don't feel very strong right now. I feel lost and so freaking scared!!!

      Delete